Amritsar was founded in 1577 by Ram Das, fourth Guru of the Sikhs, on a site granted by the Mughal emperor Akbar. Ram Das ordered the excavation of the sacred tank, or pool, called the Amrita Saras (“Pool of Nectar”), from which the city’s name is derived. A temple was erected on an island in the tank’s centre by Arjan, the fifth Guru of the Sikhs, which was then reached by a marble causeway. During the reign of Maharaja Ranjit Singh (1801–39), the upper part of the temple was decorated with a gold-foil-covered copper dome, and since then the building has been popularly known as the Golden Temple. Amritsar became the centre of the Sikh faith, and, as the focus of growing Sikh power, the city experienced a corresponding increase in trade. It was annexed to British India in 1849.
Day 1: Delhi - Amritsar (by train)
Today you will board the train to Amrisar.
Arrive in Amritsar and check in to hotel, overnight stay at hotel in Amritsar.
Day 2: Amritsar Sightseeing
Today Post Breakfast We Go On Full Day Guided Tour Of Amritsar We Visit, “Golden Temple”, It Is The Most Sacred Temple Of The Sikhs Built By Maharaja Ranjit Singh. The Lower Portion Of The Temple Displays White Marble Inlay Work And The Upper Portion Is Embellished With Copper Coated Over By Gold Plate. Later We Visit “Jallian Wala Memorial”, It Is Memory Of Martyrs-13 April; 1919" Has Been Inscribed In Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu And English. Post Lunch We Visit “Durgiana Temple” Situated Outside The Hathi Gate Durgiana Mandir Is Largest Hindu Temple In The City. This Temple Is Devoted To Goddess Durga And Dates Back To 16th Century. Afternoon Approx 14:00 Hrs Drive To Bagha Border Approx 10 Kms. “Wagha Border” One Of The Most Attractive Destination Of Amritsar, People Visit This Place In Large Numbers To Witness The Lowering Down Of The Flags Of Both Countries. The Only Post, Where A Special Parade Is Organized To Lower The Flags Simultaneously From The Flag Poles In The Evening, Beams With Activity. The Flag Lowering Ceremony, Better Known As The 'Retreat' Is Performed Every day, Shortly Before Sunset, By Border Security Force (BSF) Jawans On The Indian Side And Pakistan Rangers On The Other Side.
Overnight stay at Hotel in Amritsar.
Day 3: Amritsar - Delhi (by train)
Today post Breakfast you will board the train to Delhi.
here our company services will get end with lots of Enduring Memories....!!!!
Inclusions / Exclusions
The Price Includes:
- Accommodation in Double Room Chosen By Guest (as per availability) on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned Vehicle with driver Including All Parking, Toll Taxes and Driver Allowance.
- Assistance of our local offices.
- 01 Mineral water bottle Per Person every day.
- Departure Gift By Monks & Monkeys Travels.
- Govt. Service Tax 4.5%.
The Price Excludes:
- Domestic flights & Airport Departure Tax from India (this is generally included in your ticket)
- Visa fees for India: compulsory ; to be obtained from the Indian Consulate of your country of residence ; passport valid 6 months after return date)
- Any meals except mentioned in the column prices includes.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips beverages, laundry, telephone calls, photography, Entrances and video fees, etc.
- Any new taxes / fees imposed by the Government